Tonight I was thinking about what I was grateful for. I’m in a Bible study that is studying prayer. Tonight we talked about the different kinds of prayer-one of those being thankfulness. When I got home, I was reminded grateful I am for the body of Christ. I’m thankful for long term and shorter term relationships. This Bible study is a combination of both. Several of us have been together for years but about a month ago, several new women joined our study. Tonight I was grateful for getting to know these new women (even though I’ll admit that a month ago, I wasn’t so sure I wanted to open up to a new set of people:).
When I got home, I found a list of things that I was thanking God for in December of 2009.
Here are some of them…
- Fun family gatherings – birthdays, spur of moment times, Christmas celebrations-thank You for growing us and helping us to love each other more and more
- Healing-time to grieve-as I stepped back from leadership at church ,You gave me some time to be emotional and to do a little more healing and to see Your presence
- Newness of life
- Times of grace within relationships in the body of Christ
- The women’s ministry at church growing to be more real
- The women that have been involved in my life from church
- Your grace in the midst of my sin and my inability to give grace to others on my own
- My job-in the midst of a very hard year, You’ve shown me Your grace and helped me to give grace to some students and families that I never would have been able to give grace to on my own. Thank You!
- Thank You for those students and families that are hard to work with.
- Long term relationships –friends from high school, family, friends from church, youth at church, students and families from school
Wow! What a great blessing to find that list of prayers of thanksgiving written down. It make me realize how important it is to actually thank God for those things that I am feeling grateful for. When I got home from Bible study tonight I was grateful for the body of Christ, but I hadn’t actually lifted up that prayer of thanksgiving to God.
Thank you God for the body of Christ!
What are you grateful for? Have you told God yet?